Corporate Financial Management’s expertise encompasses all areas of corporate consulting including strategic business services, financial operations, mergers and acquisitions, and risk management and insurance. Our practice areas include:
- Strategic planning process
- Competitive analyses
- Outsourcing assessments
- Operational planning integration
In the past we have worked with clients on such projects as:
- Development of an initial strategic planning process for a $1.5 billion financial services firm utilizing business unit manager teams.
- Evaluation of key business drivers with diverse stakeholders helping to identify key competitors, changing industry dynamics, and financial variables.
- Identification of change of key industry decision makers for client planning strategy for new venture.
- Re-engineering and process improvement studies
- Financing plan development
- Management reporting
- Interim CFO services
Examples of our work in this area include the following assignments:
- Served as interim CFO during transitions – growth cycles, mergers and acquisitions; developed implementation plans for all aspects of financial operations as they impacted the organization’s current and future success.
- Analyzed financial division’s effectiveness across functional areas and developed plan for improving responsiveness and communications.
- Redesigned internal financial and management reporting, benchmarking success indicators and aligning division operating plan goals.
- Due diligence services
- Integration strategies
Representative assignments in this field include:
- Development of offering memorandum for company seeking strategic partner for significant growth opportunity in changing service environment.
- Design of an integration plan for a business acquiring a firm in a similar industry.
- Evaluation of acquisition targets for strategic fit with existing organization and culture; development of financial models analyzing factors critical to future success.
- Audits and program reviews
- Risk financing alternatives – captives, self-insurance
- Cost of risk assessments
- Renewal strategies for key insurance and reinsurance programs
- Integration of risk management and operations management
- Risk control programs – D&O and executive risk exposures
The following projects illustrate our expertise in this area:
- Conducted a feasibility study of retained risks for a firm’s property and casualty programs, including an analysis of how to expand the use of a captive insurance company.
- Developed a risk management policy which delineated responsibilities and designated accountability for safety, incident reporting, claims management, and risk financing to specific units within a diverse organization.
- Directed the renewal of client’s insurance and reinsurance programs: organized and streamlined underwriting submissions, summarized broker coverage proposals, and recommended most cost effective alternatives to meet internal financial and operational goals.
- Assisted risk management professionals in communicating D&O and professional liability coverages and risk control techniques to senior management and other stakeholders.
- Developed management services model for self-insurance programs of workers’ compensation and liability coverages, focusing on the need for timely and accurate financial information to support internal reporting and decision making.